| duns scotland | | scottish borders |  
duns dings a' duns scotland

home
history
local info
tourist info
town trail
contact us


Visitor Attractions
Eccles Parish Churchyard

The mediaeval church dedicated to St Andrew was replaced by the present building in 1774.
The western boundary walls of the kirkyard include parts of the Convent Church of St Mary the Virgin, a Cistercian nunnery founded about 1150 by Cospatrick, Earl of Dunbar. The nunnery was abandoned in the early 17th century.

For further information, visit: www.discovertheborders.co.uk




back: Visitor Attractions



Duns Scotland, Scottish Borders UK