Situated just inside the main gates of the Public Park, it bears the names of those from Duns who gave their lives for their neighbours and countrymen in both World Wars. The names are inscribed on granite plaques attached to the obelisk, on which are carved the arms of the Burgh of Duns and the following dedication.
THIS MEMORIAL IS RAISED BY THE
BURGH AND PARISH OF DUNS
IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO HEARD
THEIR COUNTRY'S SUMMONS IN HER
HOUR OF NEED AND, AFTER THE OLD
BORDER FASHION, COUNTED NOT THE
COST OF DEFENDING HER LIBERTY
IN THE GREAT WORLD WAR, 1914 - 1919.
LET THEIR NAMES BE FOREVER
HELD IN PROUD REMEMBRANCE AND
THEIR EXAMPLE BE A GUIDING STAR
FOR THE GENERATIONS TO COME.