| duns scotland | | scottish borders |  
duns dings a' duns scotland

home
history
local info
tourist info
town trail
contact us


Family Names
The Hay Family

The family first appears in the Duns area in 1696, when the Earl of Tweeddale bought Duns Castle for his son, William Hay of Drumelzier. Previously it had been owned by the Earl of Moray. It was, then, no more than a pele tower, but the Hay family have stayed in, extended and refurbished the Castle throughout the years. It remains in the ownership of the family.


back: Family Names


Duns Scotland, Scottish Borders UK